Single Coated

Devoted to my photography and my always constant interest for retro cameras/lenses/techniques


Worn


It's fun how things happen.

I was complaining to myself today for having lost a train by 10 seconds. I had to wait for another 10-12 minutes for the next one (how impatient can we get!).

While waiting, I started to walk along the track side, looking at some small details from an old train parked there. I became aware of all that worn metal, showing rust and plenty of traces of time and use...

And short after that, I was already thinking on this new project... It is an old picture of a local Skateboarding ramp that starts it and gives me the guides for the rest of the project though. I took this one with an Iskra 6x6 folding RF camera some months ago, using Fuji Acros 100.

For some reason I always thought this picture deserved something more than being a stand-alone, so, from now on is the one opening my Worn project.

Not a bad compensation for losing a train ;)


Categorized: _blackandwhite | _urban | _worn

10 Responses to “Worn”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    WOW !!! I love this abstract beauty and it really playes tricks with my imagination. As always Oscar it's a pleasure to see your latest trophies!!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    As always Tony thanks a lot for your visits and really kind comments !!! I hope this series will grow up to a decent project. To be honest sometimes I feel the need for something 'different' ;)
    Oscar  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I thought this was a black and white landscape at first. This photo has so much detail and just enough abstraction for repeated gazeability hehe..  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    i love an image that nudges me to look again, and wonder! i saw a landscape too, at first glance: a slope, strung with lights, rising into the clouds.
    this is going to be a brilliant series...  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Andy, Lynn, I'm so glad you both liked so much the landscape ! :)

    Seriously, thanks a lot for your feedback and comments. Both your blogs are such a great source of inspiration and a delight for me to visit regularly. I really hope I'll be able to keep up with the expectations on this series.  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi Oscar

    You have another winner. This has so many tones! I am sure this would look wonderful as a print hanging on the wall. If it can look so nice on a monitor wonder how gorgeous it will look as a print :-?

    Sudeep  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Ah! So that's where the comments link is. It's invisible!

    Pero, vaya, qu? buena foto te has echado aqu?. Muy "blotink-like". Al principio cre? que era un tipo de cyanotipo o algo por el estilo. Ser mucho mucho good. ;)  

  8. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh-oh...los acentos no salen bien en tu nuevo dise?o...digo, disenyo.  

  9. # Anonymous Anonymous

    i'm going to enroll in spanish lessons.
    i feel like i'm missing the punch line..:-)  

  10. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Sudeep, Gabriel, thanks a lot for your comments gents ! :)

    Lynn, I'm sort of lost with that blotink-like thing as well, so don't worry too much. Lol !

    Oscar  

Post a Comment