Single Coated

Devoted to my photography and my always constant interest for retro cameras/lenses/techniques


Faithless?


Quite some time without new entries, due mainly to the wonderful week I spent in Rome for Easter and the sudden load of work both before and after that...

This is probably my favorite on the Devotion series. Taken with a Leica CL and a CV Skopar 35/2.5 inside the church of Montserrat, on January 2005.

And what made me think of this shot was something that happened while reviewing some of those Rome shots from last week. I grabbed my brohter's digital P&S to take him a pic and for some minutes wandered around a church taking some snapshots. It's fun how unintentionally I ended taking almost the same shot than I did more than one year ago...


The tricks our mind does are always surprising... and all the roads lead to Rome in the end ;)

Categorized: _blackandwhite | _devotion

4 Responses to “Faithless?”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    i've noticed this in what i do, too: a tendency to a certain composition, a certain subject matter...in my case even certain colour combinations. eek.
    at first, i rued this, seeing it as a kind of predictability; lately i've decided that these things are simply part of my personal perception...and that, as far as i can tell, is what photography is about.
    :-)
    both of these are lovely, similar but ultimately different. the posture of the elderly man in the bottom one touched me particularly.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Oscar, Human behaviour is facinating and you have a knack of capturing it with style. It gets even scarier when you find you've captured an almost identical picture to one shot decades before by a well known photographer, even though you know there's no way you could have seen the original LOL Keep them coming I love them :)

    Tony  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    A ver a ver a ver; c?mo estuvo? Cu?l foto es cu?l?

    Great shot, btw. I love the title.  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Lynn, Tony, Gabriel, thanks !!! :)

    The paths of photography are unexpected it seems, lol !

    Gabriel, the faithless (which I took in 2005) is the b&w one, second is from a couple weeks ago and it's... glups, digital.

    Por cierto que me tengo que poner con esos acentos...

    Again thanks a ton for looking and commenting !!!  

Post a Comment