Single Coated

Devoted to my photography and my always constant interest for retro cameras/lenses/techniques


The Naming of Cats



The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter,
It isn't just one of your holiday games;
At first you may think I'm as mad as a hatter
When I tell you a cat must have three different names.

T.S. Eliot,
The Naming of Cats

And this one, so far, is called Monster.

Similarly, I just thought that every human should have at least as many names as days are in a week. Or at least, I'd like to. I think I already have enough to approach thursday.

By the way the poem above is taken from a citing on a book called On Being a Photographer, a compilation of some really great discussions about the medium between photographers (and friends) Bill Jay and David Hurn. I'm not on their payroll, but if you think you're really interested in photography, just go to www.lenswork.com and get the PDF excerpt, most likely you'll be ordering the book right away after reading it.

Happy shooting everybody.

3 Responses to “The Naming of Cats”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Oscar it looks such a cute Monster, but I'm sure it has a bite just like my beastie LOL
    Love the verse and will have to checkout the book :)  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Monster tones! Beautiful cat shot, Oscar.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    She did all the work, the camera simply loves her ;)  

Post a Comment