Single Coated

Devoted to my photography and my always constant interest for retro cameras/lenses/techniques


Castro?


I'm ashamed but I admit that I had been around this place many times (it's our usual mushroom-searching zone) but it was only this time that I recalled on what at first sight looked like a natural little hill.

Until this time I noticed the too regular shape and the huge number of piled rocks around...

What I 'discovered' (!) is a sort of big circular construction, using the shape of the natural round hill and composed (it seems) of a number of concentric rock walls and a small (watch!?) tower on top. Even the ramps giving access from one level to the other were noticeable.

The amount of piled rocks all around is huge, as is the number of still visible perimeter walls. Macro-cottage for sheperds or small rural castrum of Celtiberian origin ?

I don't know, but probably this post that I had recently seen came to my memory once I reached the top and found what seemed to fit it like a glove...

---

Me avergüenza reconocer que he estado en este lugar (nuestra zona de 'seteros' habitual) en muchas ocasiones, y que ha tenido que ser después de tanto tiempo cuando me he fijado con más detalle en lo que a primera vista parecía una pequeña colina natural.

Hasta que me fijé en la gran cantidad de piedras apiladas por todas partes...

Lo que 'descubrí' (!) es una suerte de gran construcción circular, usando la forma natural de la colina y compuesta (según parece) de un número de (restos de) muros de piedra concéntricos y una pequeña torre (de guarda?) en lo alto. Incluso se pueden ver fácilmente las rampas de acceso de un nivel a otro.

El número de piedras apiladas en montones como el de la foto es enorme, así como el de ellas que aún se encuentran en los restos de los muros que se conservan en el perímetro. Macro-corral de ganado para varios pastores de la zona o pequeño castro rural de origen Celtíbero ?

No lo sé, pero posiblemente este post que había visto recientemente acudió a mi memoria una vez subí a lo alto y me encontré con algo que parecía encajar como un guante...

Categorized: _blackandwhite | _valledelmesa


0 Responses to “Castro?”

Post a Comment